ZION CHURCH: THE VIRTUAL TOUR
ARCHITECTURE OF ZION

HOME

RESTART TOUR MAIN ARCHITECTURE  LAST BUILDING 

NEXT BUILDING

PARRISH HALL ARCHITECTURE
THE PARISH HALL: added in 1912.

The Parrish House and it's famous Adlersaal, as well as the bell tower, were built under the guidance and artistic leanings of Pastor Hofman.  His architect was Theodore Pietsch.  In 1912 the cornerstone of the Parish House of Zion Church was laid. In 1913, the project was completed.
Built of red brick in the Hanseatic style, its tower inspired a well-known writer to exclaim: "This Is the German cathedral of Baltimore." With its arcades and the low-walled garden at the northeast corner of Holliday and Lexington streets, it was the first part of the beautiful Baltimore Civic Center

Tour the Adlersaal

HOME

  Zion Logo

setstats 1

setstats 1